1. Collecting personal information
- Journalism Awards programs - personal information is provided to the Jack Webster Foundation by those submitting to one of the Foundation’s journalism award programs. All submissions are reviewed in confidence by a jury panel consisting of individuals representing the community-at-large and those active or retired from the journalism field. All discussions and decisions of the jury panel are confidential and will not be disclosed to the submitter.
- Journalism events - personal information and payments are provided to the Jack Webster Foundation by those wishing to attend Foundation events.
2. Using information collected
- The Jack Webster Foundation uses personal contact information to update journalists and the general public with information about Foundation events and programs.
- The Jack Webster Foundation uses information received in submissions to its journalism awards programs at its annual awards dinner, on its website and in media releases.
3. Holding information collected
- The Jack Webster Foundation holds information collected for as long as necessary for business or legal practices after which it will be properly destroyed.
4. Safeguarding information collected
- The Foundation uses reasonable security safeguards to protect personal information.
5. Accessing information collected
- A person may contact in writing the Executive Director, Jack Webster Foundation at 6209 Angus Drive, Vancouver, BC V6M 3P2 to verify one's personal information.
6. Compliance and complaints
- Questions about compliance as set out in this policy and complaints maybe be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer, Jack Webster Foundation at 6209 Angus Drive, Vancouver, BC V6M 3P2